Cycling caps provide both function and style. Cycling caps keep the sun, rain, and sweat out of your eyes. They keep your head warm on a cold day and cool on a hot day. Cycling caps also preserve and protect your helmet and your hair. When wearing other cycling gear, a cycling cap completes your look. While there is very little debate and disagreement about the benefits of wearing a cycling cap when actually cycling, there are numerous opinions on how to wear a cycling cap as well as when a cycling cap should be worn. Different groups have their different views from the traditionalists of the sport to the style setters both on and off the bike to the ultra-competitive team riders and to the spirited weekend warriors. The following compilation of rules is hardly an official and agreed to set of binding rules for those in the sport, but rather what we think comprise the best of the best perspectives from all involved on how to wear a cycling cap. So here goes.
How to Wear a Cycling Cap - Rules of the Road
- Rule #1: There are no rules.
- Rule #2: There actually is one rule which is a cycling cap must be worn with swagger.
- Rule #3: A cycling cap can only be worn flipped up when it is raining or if you have a really mischievous grin.
- Rule #4: A cycling cap can be worn backwards so long as the brim is up indicating that you are just too cool.
- Rule #5: A cycling cap can be worn without a helmet, but a helmet cannot be worn without a cycling cap as it just looks like you forgot to bring your cap.
- Rule #6: A cycling cap must be worn straight, not on the side of your head, period, no expections, unless you won your last three races.
- Rule #7: Solid colored cycling caps can be worn, but only under a helmet because solid colors have no swag.
- Rule #8: The first one to arrive at Starbucks, post race or ride, must wear the cycling cap Luft style and great fellow riders with, "Was trinkst du?"
- Rule #9: As proven by Wesley Snipes in "White Men Can't Jump," cycling caps can be worn by anyone at any time for any reason, it's all about the Swagger.
- Rule #10: See rule #1.
Uvoider UV Cycling Caps – Popular Colors