Serious golfers understand the importance of course management as there is no better way to make a big number on an easy hole than to aimlessly go about the play of the hole without thinking about the risks and rewards of each shot. No doubt about it, course management can save strokes and every serious golfer should do it. But there is a different kind of management that golfers need to do and it’s called skin care management. Skin care management can save lives and all you need to know are these three words – slip, slop, slap.
Importance of Skin Care Management
Golfers need to take skin cancer seriously. It is the most common type of cancer and it is easy to get. Just go outside into the sun for extended periods of time with little or no sun protection. Over exposure to the sun can lead to a sunburn and chronic over exposure to the sun can permanently damage your skin and lead to skin cancer. Make no mistake about it, skin cancer is not a trivial matter. Skin cancer is not just a bad sunburn that will go away with time. Skin cancer is the abnormal growth of skin cells, it’s a disease, and it can kill you.
It is important for golfers to realize that their skin is not as protected as they think. Even if you apply sunblock on your arms, face, ears, and neck, which many golfers don’t, sunblock only lasts for 90 minutes to two hours. And this assumes that you haven’t wiped away the sunblock when you wiped the sweat away from your face and off your arms. So assuming that you haven’t wiped off your sunblock, you still need to reapply it for the back nine. Few golfers do.
And then there are those golf caps. Golf caps provide minimal protection from the sun. They offer a little bit of protection to the forehead but virtually no protection to your nose, checks, ears, and neck. These are high risk areas for overexposure to the sun and skin damage. So unless you are being paid a ton of money by a sponsor to wear a golf cap with their logo, throw that golf cap away.
All golfers need to make it a point to practice skin care management. So, you recognize the risks you face and put in place solutions for each of those risks. Toward that aim, there is no better approach to take or advice to follow than Slip, Slop, Slap.
Slip – Slip on a golf shirt and golf arm sleeves
For golfers, slip means slip on a shirt, ideally a shirt that is made with a fabric that has been treated with UPF 50+ protection and slip on a pair of UV compression arm sleeves with UPF 50+ protection. Shirts and sleeves with UPF 50+ protection will keep you protected from the harmful UV rays of the sun. They will also wick away moisture keeping your skin dry and cool. And best of all, you will have none of the sweaty mess that comes with sunblock.
Slop – Slop on SPF 50+ sunblock
For golfers, slop means slop on that sunblock. For the areas of your skin that are exposed, apply sunblock and make a point to reapply it before you start the back nine. Be sure to liberally cover your forehead, checks, nose, and neck with SPF 50+ sunblock. If you don’t want to get sunblock on your hands, consider using one of the sunblock spray products. Spray products are great to have in your bag as they can be applied on the course whenever you need protection with no worry about getting your hands and fingers wet.
Slap – Slap on a hat, not a cap, but a wide-brimmed golf hat
For golfers, slap means slap on a hat, not a cap, but a wide-brimmed UPF 50+ hat that offers maximum sun protection. There are many styles of golf bucket hats with different widths of the front, sides, and back brims. Some golf bucket hats even have a tapered and extra long back brim to offer better coverage and protection of your face, ears, and neck.
As disappointing as it is to make a double bogey on an easy birdie hole because of poor course management, it is even worse, far worse, to lose a playing partner to skin cancer on account of poor skin care management. So take care of your skin and start practicing better skin care management using the slip, slop, slap technique. And encourage your playing partners to do the same. Course management can save strokes, skin care management can save lives!
Uvoider UV Compression Arm Sleeves – Print Designs
Uvoider UV Compression Arm Sleeves – Solid Colors
Uvoider UV Compression Arm Sleeves – Sizes
The Uvoider UV Compression Arm Sleeves in Skin Tone colors come in sizes that range from Youth Small to Adult 4XL.
|YS||6.5 in||12.2 in||16.5 cm||31 cm|
|YM||7.5 in||13.4 in||19.0 cm||34 cm|
|YL||8.5 in||14.6 in||21.6 cm||37 cm|
|XXS||9.5 in||15.0 in||24.1 cm||38 cm|
|XS||9.9 in||15.4 in||25.1 cm||39 cm|
|S||10.3 in||16.1 in||26.2 cm||41 cm|
|M||10.7 in||16.9 in||27.2 cm||43 cm|
|L||11.5 in||17.7 in||29.2 cm||45 cm|
|XL||12.5 in||18.5 in||31.8 cm||47 cm|
|2XL||14.0 in||18.5 in||35.6 cm||47 cm|
|3XL||15.5 in||18.5 in||39.4 cm||47 cm|
|4XL||17+ in||18.5 in||43.2+ cm||47 cm|
Arm Measurement Guidelines
To ensure proper fitting, measure around your relaxed bicep (not flexed).
If you require further assistance, please contact a Customer Service Representative.
Uvoider UV Compression Arm Sleeves – Product Details
- One pair (2 sleeves)
- Price: $14.99
- Fabric: 80% polyester/20% spandex
- Machine wash and cool dry
Uvoider UV Compression Arm Sleeves – Features
- Made of high quality polyester/spandex and utilize flat-lock stitching for comfort, fit and durability
- Extreme UPF 50+ protection against UV rays
- Blocks 99% of harmful UV radiation
- Reduce muscle soreness and enable muscles to recover more quickly after sports or activities
- Assist in blood circulation
- Breathable, moisture wicking and quick-drying, keeping your arms cool
- Anti-bacterial and odor resistant
- Improve performance in endurance sports
- Suitable for many sports, outdoor work, and activities
- Protect your arms from scratches, abrasions, bugs and poison ivy when out on the trail or when gardening
- Easily slipped on and off
- Handy to have around and wear when needed
- Convenient for traveling
- Can be worn every time you are exposed to the sun
- Provides sun protection as long as you have them on
- Better than sunscreen which lasts only for 2 hours
- Can be worn with your existing wardrobe
- An alternative to long-sleeves clothing which can be expensive
- Stylish and available in many colors and designs
Articles on Golf Arm Sleeves
- Golf Sleeves – Why golfers wear golf arm sleeves!
- Golf Sleeves – A quality pair of golf sleeves is like having 6 pairs in 1!
- Golf Sleeves – Swing tension-free for longer, straighter drives!
- Golf Sleeves – Relaxed arms for a better release!
- Golf Sleeves – Putt tension-free for better accuracy and distance control!
- Golf Sleeves – Reasons golfers prefer arm sleeves over long sleeves!
- Golf Sleeves – Preventing golfer’s elbow with good grips, gloves, and sleeves!
- Golf Sleeves – Will They Improve Your Game?
- Arm Sleeves for Cool Weather Golf – Reduce swing constriction and keep muscles warm!
Uvoider UV All-Purpose Bucket Hats
Uvoider UV Explorer Hats (Bucket Hat with Neck Flap)