It’s a beautiful and somewhat chilly fall morning. Layered up in clothing, you step up to the tee feeling more like the Michelin Man than a twelve handicap weekend golfer. You attempt a practice swing but it is constricted by layers of clothing. After mishitting your drive, you resign yourself to playing better on the back nine once the weather warms up. There’s a better way.
Reduce Swing Constriction
In golf, swing constriction is when you are unable to execute a smooth and complete golf swing on account of having layers of clothing that cover and restrict your shoulder movement. Imagine a pendulum that is freely moving back and forth. Now imagine that the pendulum and its fulcrum are wrapped and covered up. It is not too hard to envision how the back and forth swing of the pendulum is constricted.
So too is it with a golf swing. As you add layers of clothing over your shoulders, you constrict both your backswing and downswing. Typically, this results in an incomplete backswing which leads to a fast downswing on account of trying to make up for lost swing speed and power. After just a few holes you have lost your tempo and timing and your golf swing is out of sync.
When you play cool weather golf, develop a clothing strategy that will not constrict your swing. Avoid wearing tight long-sleeved body wear under your golf shirt which constricts and reduces your shoulder movement and, unless it is really cold and you have to, avoid wearing long-sleeved pullovers.
Layer Up Wisely
When you layer up for cool weather days, cover your shoulders only once to ensure that your swing is not constricted. For example, wear a warm sleeveless t-shirt under a heavier-weight fall golf shirt. And then slip on a pair of quality golf arm sleeves. This clothing strategy will keep you warm and not interfere with your swing mechanics. Not only will your shoulders and arms swing freely, but you will not have any excess clothing bulging out at your midsection catching the butt end of your club when you are pitching, chipping, and putting.
Keep Your Arm Muscles Warm
In addition to layering up wisely to avoid swing constriction, quality arm sleeves will also keep your arms and arm muscles warm. Just like the sleeves of a shirt or pullover, arm sleeves cover your skin and keep your arms warm. But more than that, the compression in quality arm sleeves improves blood circulation which keeps your muscles fresh and relaxed. The compression in arm sleeves also keeps sore muscles and tendons compressed and in place preventing further stress, strain, and soreness.
Play Better Golf
Arm sleeves for cool weather golf – they will reduce swing constriction and keep your muscles warm. You will play better golf. Give them a try!
Uvoider UV Compression Arm Sleeves – Print Designs
Uvoider UV Compression Arm Sleeves – Solid Colors
Uvoider UV Compression Arm Sleeves – Sizes
Uvoider UV Arm Sleeves now come in 12 sizes that range from Youth Small (YS) to Adult (4XL).
- Youth (YS) – 6.7 inch sleeve size at bicep
- Youth (YM) – 7.5 inch sleeve size at bicep
- Youth (YL) – 8.3 inch sleeve size at bicep
- Adult (XXS) – 9.1 inch sleeve size at bicep
- Adult (XS) – 9.4 inch sleeve size at bicep
- Adult (S) – 9.8 inch sleeve size at bicep
- Adult (M) – 10.2 inch sleeve size at bicep
- Adult (L) – 11.0 inch sleeve size at bicep
- Adult (XL) – 11.8 inch sleeve size at bicep
- Adult (2XL) – 13.0 inch sleeve size at bicep
- Adult (3XL) – 14.6 inch sleeve size at bicep
- Adult (4XL) – 16.1 inch sleeve size at bicep
Uvoider UV Compression Arm Sleeves – Fitting Chart
Uvoider UV Compression Arm Sleeves – Features
- Made of high quality polyester/spandex and utilize flat-lock stitching for comfort, fit and durability
- Extreme UPF 50+ protection against UV rays
- Blocks 99% of harmful UV radiation
- Reduce muscle soreness and enable muscles to recover more quickly after sports or activities
- Assist in blood circulation
- Breathable, moisture wicking and quick-drying, keeping your arms cool
- Anti-bacterial and odor resistant
- Improve performance in endurance sports
- Suitable for many sports, outdoor work, and activities
- Protect your arms from scratches, abrasions, bugs and poison ivy when out on the trail or when gardening
- Easily slipped on and off
- Handy to have around and wear when needed
- Convenient for traveling
- Can be worn every time you are exposed to the sun
- Provides sun protection as long as you have them on
- Better than sunscreen which lasts only for 2 hours
- Can be worn with your existing wardrobe
- An alternative to long-sleeves clothing which can be expensive
- Stylish and available in many colors and designs
Uvoider UV Compression Arm Sleeves – Product Details
- One pair
- Fabric: 80% polyester/20% spandex
- Machine wash and cool dry